Tuesday 24 March 2009

Happy Birthday Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im (cough) 21 today!!

I started my day with a delicious breakfast of Granola (Museli) with plain yoghurt, delicious munchy green grapes and a little orange juice. Douglas and I watched "Americas Next Top Model" on Sky +, which allows you to record things and watch them at a time that suits you.

I gave Douglas a lift to work, was smothered in kisses by him (ahhhhhhh) :-) then went to Tescos. I'm off sick from work because I've lost my voice, and even though there is plenty of paperwork for me to do, I'm not allowed in cause I cant talk. Stupid rules... but I'm enjoying today lol.

My supply of Chocolate has run out, so I decided to do a birthday shop and stock up. Needless to say Tesco in our town does not have any left now lol. Ok.. I got some Lindt chilli choc, and some Green and Blacks.. one Maya Gold and one dark choc and mint. These will last me quite a long time as I only eat a few chunks a day.. and sometimes none at all for a few days. This time last year I could have eaten the lot in one sitting!!!! (I still could but I wont now)

Later...

After having a nice time playing Runescape, I went into town then over to meet up with my neice Martha and her mum Katy. Martha has had her leg in plaster for 6 weeks following a very bad break when she bounced off a toboggan during the snowy period we had.

We went to the hospital for xrays and to see the Doc. The top of the cast was taken off - it was like taking the top off an Easter Egg. The bottom of the cast was left on to provide a bit of stability during the Xray process.

The Doc was good.. he explained the Xrays clearly, and said that the break is healing well, but is not quite ready to be let out of its cast just yet, so much to poor Marthas dissapointment, the top of the cast was popped back on, and the whole lot stuck back together with blue fibreglass? plaster stuff. It is far better that it heal further in safety rather than risk anything else happening to it during this time.

I have promsied to take an afternoon off to spend with her during the next 4 weeks - true to form, she wants to spend that time making a chocolate cake :-)

Thomas was going to pick Martha and Kt up and take them home, so i got the tram back home and met up with Douglas.

Martha and the two boys had all made me wonderful cards!! Marthas had Billy and Lilly on it, and a picture of me on a flying bar of chocolate.. Leos strangely had a chocolate theme, including Mount Malteeser and a really cool pop up bit in the middle of the card. Little Carlo had also done one with 4 pictures in.. I will have to get him to tell me their stories some time!!

Thomas and Kt gave me a very funny cat card with a donation towards the lap top I want, I got a lovely Amazon voucher from my Dreaded Mum in Law and a nice card from my friend Loony in Bristol.

Douglas picked me up from the tram, and we had half an hours rest before having a very pleasant evening with my parents. We had a good meal - Douglas ingratiated himself to my dad by liking his "chicken shape" A chicken Shape consists of bits of left over chicken put in a bowl with the juices that run off during cooking. Bung the whole lot into the fridge and it sets like a jelly!! I used to absoltley abhore it as a child and when mum wasnt around I was forced to eat it. (yeah.. damaged childhood and all that....) I've never liked jelly - especially hated meat type jelly.

I digress :-)

We had a good meal then watched some cine films my parents have had transferred at some considerable expense, onto video tape and DVD. It was so funny to see a tiny Thomas, mini Anna and slightly bigger John, mum with dark curly hair, and dad with LOADS of dark hair!!

About 8.30 Douglas was getting tired, and since he has work tomorrow, we wheeled our way home.

Note on voice:
I used it today in its very croakey state, and now as my throat hurts and the voice is very tired, I wished I hadn't. Will try to stay silent tomorrow!! Still off sick.. will probably need Drs note soon.. how tiresome - I really do love my job and I wanna go back!!!!!

All in good time.. but I think I better do a strong and silent tomorrow, write things down or do sign language.. not even whipser.

Never mind.. I had a really good birth day celebration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hippo Bathdays!!

Congrats on reaching 21... Little Brother must have been cradle-snatching ;-))
Not sure about the Chicken Shape. It might explain your conversion to being a veggie...

Lots of love

TDBIL

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were not well on your birthday, but it seems you made the best of your enforced day off and had a great time. When I get the chocolate munchies (which I do, frequently) I get bargain lots of plain old Dairy Milk, not those wonderful but expensive options you went for! LOL. Would be interested to know how your parents got the old cine films transferred. Something I'd like to do too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday. So sorry the lack of voice continues. Hope it is better soon.

Much love

Mrshappyanna said...

Thanks for your messages.. I buy dark chocolate as it does not muck up my blood sugar so much. I'm not diabetic (thank goodness) but If I eat normal dairy milk or higher sugar content choc, it leaves me with a huge craving for more!! Not good.

The films were transferred at a branch of Jessops - do you have them up North? I will check. Be aware, its not cheap.. my parents got 2 DVDs made with lots of reels of old films and it cost them £140 - but they say it was worth it to presevere them for future generations!