Wednesday 15 April 2009

Exciting things happening to our house

Well, last Saturday we got a new wooden front door thanks to a very kind and generous donation to the funds from Benefactors (Thanks Benefactors.. you know who you are )

Our old door was not very secure.. it was only a 3 lever lock (was shocked to find that my parents back door key opened it) the door consisted of a large frosted glass panel with a small wooden frame round - so easy for anyone to kick in and gain access. Glad to say our new door, and that of my parents now both boast 5 lever mortice locks.

This coming Saturday, we are getting a new carpet for our lounge!! We have wanted to replace the damaged, thin and scraggly carpets down at present since we moved in about 2 years ago, but other things took higher priority. The money for this comes from savings I had totally forgotten about until I had a chance conversation with my Building Soc on the phone a month or so ago.

As promised, I will take some photos when its all down :-)

Douglas update

Hes been to hospital as usual today, they have changed his antibiotics as the ones the GP gave him turned out to be powerless against the infection he has. I will add this is not the GPs fault- no one was able to tell until test results came back.

Hopefully in 3 days or so, when they start to kick in, he will at last start to feel better.

Lilly update

Lilly has decided that walking on the edge of our bed in the mornings is a good way to check that Im thoroughly awake, and persuade me to a) give her some love b) feed her. She was just having her little walk, and I commented to Douglas that mabye, just maybe in a few months time she would be confident enough to curl up on our bed as Billy does.

This photo shows what happened 2 mins afterwards! Please excuse the odd angle.. I took the photo with my mobile lying down in bed whilst worshiping the cat with my other hand.



Here are some more cute Lilly photos! I took these in March with my web cam that takes photos. Shes sooooo cute!

And finally.. one of the two rascals together. Moments after I took this, Billy was sitting on the cat mat, and Lilly came to join him, for a split second they were both looking like the best picture ever, but then Billy got the hump and shoved off :-)

I hope, having managed to capture a rare photo of them both at the same time, you will be able to see their different markings. Lilly is sitting in the window with her little black goatee beard, Billy is having a well deserved cat nap on his mat :-)




Are we doting cat parents or what????? lol

1 comment:

Compost John said...

Hey, good to cat-ch up!
Sorry to hear about D, and him missing CDS was sad.
Glad you're enjoying the cats!
love to all,
John