Thursday 9 April 2009

This week

After a lovely weekend, the week turned out not to be so good.

Douglas woke up on Monday morning feeling sick, running a temperature and a pain in his lower back. This was bad news partly because he was very poorly just a month ago, and ended up in hospital with dehydration following a bad bout of D&V, and partly because its even more time off sick from his job that he enjoys. We think its a uninary infection this time... sigh...

After a trip to the GP yesterday morning, Douglas is now on a course of dispersable antibiotics. He slept most of yesterday on and off, and when I came home I found he hadnt taken any of these new tablets as he kept getting half way through the "i must take the antibiotics" thought and falling asleep. I fed him one last night, and fed him another before I went this morning, and shall phone him at lunch time to make him take another.

Poor Douglas.. life is like a yo yo at the moment.. being poorly, getting better, then being poorly again with yet another bug.. its not fair but then life isnt.

I hope he will be better by Friday as we have tickets to see a spectacular show in Sheffield Arena.. Cirque du Soleil are performing there!!!!!! (Thanks to Aunty Lizzie for the birthday money that paid for them!) If he isnt well enough, I've put my mum on Standby :-)

1 comment:

Mum said...

Oh, poor Douglas. I am so sorry for my wee boy - and for you too.

Take care and give me a ring to let me know how he gets on. Cirque du Soleil sounds great - hope he makes it.