Sunday 23 August 2009

In reply to Crunchy Comments

TDAIL.. I also have bets on Crunchy staying with my parents lol. Its obvious that they have fallen in love with her, and over the weekend, when they asked me to get some cat biscuits for her, Douglas and I chose a MASSIVE bag of them rather than a skinny little box full. (sneaky laugh lol)

John.. The reason that they don't want a cat is that they want to have some more long holidays like their trip to NZ which was for six weeks. Its would be very hard on the cat, and hard on them leaving it for so long.

Having got two cats myself, I know that its not just the practical side of things, but its the emotional tug of heart strings that makes you have much shorter holidays, and worry about them whilst you are gone.

I know that TDAIL (The Dreaded (actually much loved) Aunt in law knows all about the problems of having pets as she has dogs. Dogs at least you can take with you on some trips - cats although smaller are less portable!! lol

Douglas and I visited parents and Crunchy at lunch time Saturday. Shes very happy, wandering in and out of their house as if its hers.. given the chance, she sneaks up to their bedroom, curls up and goes to sleep on their bed :-)

She adored her biscuits and now turns her nose up at the wet food lol. I know that when/if she is put up for re-homing she will make someone a lovely companion.

Now getting ready for a BBQ this evening.. I'm having sweetcorn fritters and tomato chilli jam and some veggie sausages! Yum!! D having some kind of marinated lump of meat (not so yum in my opinion) Im sure he will enjoy it.

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

I'm glad Mogs found your folks - sounds like everyone will end up happy. 8-)

Come back to my blog a second - I added something to the end of my last post that I don't want you to miss!

Cheers,
M