Tuesday 22 December 2009

Wassail!

Seasons Greetings to our friends and family this snowy Yuletide!




WASSAIL!


I booked the 21st off and spent the afternoon cooking a right royal meal for us both...

Douglas had Garlic roast chicken, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts and carrots, not forgetting the chicken gravy..

I had home made nut rost (with loads of garlic in) roast potatoes, carrots and broccoli.. and some delicious veggie gravy!

We had a really lovely evening, and washed our meal down with some sparkling chardonnay, then chilled out on the sofa watching a film. Billy came and sat on me for a while, which was really sweet, but hes a heavy lump, and when he became too heavy I moved him off :-(

I think he has just about forgiven me, so he and I will head up for bed, and join the already sleeping Douglas :-)

Have a lovely Christmas, and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

oh PS come visit us next year!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

TDAIL said...

That was a lovely way to celebrate the winter solstice.
Our Christmas goose preparations are well underway. Yesterday "le chef" had to collect the goose from a farm and we'd had lots of snow overnight. Gas-guzzling 4x4s have their uses, as he had no problems himself but had to help dig out other stuck or sliding vehicles on the farm track. I walked to our local Post Office and went my length when I caught my foot on a drain grid under the snow. I've twisted my knee and it is OUCH! And I'm supposed to be going skiing in a couple of weeks. :-((

Merry Christmas to you and all your readers. XX

Mrshappyanna said...

Oh poor you!! I do hope you rest up and feel better soon :-( enjoy your goose!

A xx