Thursday 22 April 2010

Love is...



Billy has decided that the best game in the universe involves killing long papyrus fronds, but my plant is running slighly low on stalks, so last night I put a request out on Freegle for some raffia.

When the papyrus stalks are dry they look and feel a bit like raffia, so I thought Billy (and Lilly) might not mind the substitue!

I had an email from my friend, Eliese, to say she had some spare raffia and would pop it through my door at some point.

I got home and found a little bag with plenty of raffia to make several decent cat dangling strings.. this is the result when I made one. A very happy cat indeed!





Later, Douglas and I were watching telly. I sat on the floor to play with Billy a bit, then picked him up for a cuddle. He walked off me and settled on the sofa next to Douglas, purring away like an engine whilst I took the opportunity to worship him some more. I do love my little boy so much!




I must not miss my favouite little girl out! She has been keeping me company up on the desk whilst I typed this, demanding that I typed one handed, the other hand being needed to worship her highness :-) Lilly (or Constance as we call her when she "constantly" demands love and attention) is very happy when one of us are up here - she must think that the fluffy cushion case between our computers is here throne :-)




Shes such a little darling.. very affectionate, and (even after several years of life with us) is still growing in confidence - once or twice now, I have actually managed to pick her up without her being utterly terrified and wanting down immediatley.

One day we may have a lap cat.. one day.. but we are not in a hurry :-) Good things come to those who wait.

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

I love the way Brits say "miss out" or "miss so-and-so out". It's just one of the million little differences in our language that makes people from other countries seem so much cooler than we are.