Sunday 27 February 2011

When you are no good at DIY.. phone for help!!

Douglas and I decided to do some spring cleaning today, so I got to do the downstairs loo, and our spare bedroom ( Billys favouite room because he can push open the closed door lol)

I noticed that our loo seat was wonky, and realised that it had broken, which could have been very painful for any posteriors coming into contact with the broken bit! Humph I thought.. going to have to buy a new seat, or see if anyone on my recycling network Freegle has got one going spare.

Next, I set about moving Lilly from the spare room, then stripping the spare bed, and sorting that room out. I looked at our very nice pine wardrobe, with the hanging bar and clothes dumped at the bottom. The bar kept falling out making the wardrobe totally useless.

Hmm who is good at fixing things.. Hmm.. I picked up the phone and left a message for my parents :-)

About half an hour later, my mum rang, and she and my dad came round very soon afterwards!

By some wonderful co-incidence, they had a spare loo seat, so with a bit of grunting and groaning to get the old one off, the new one went on and problem solved!!

Next, the rail in the wardrobe was sorted. My dad unscrewed the brass rail holders, and put them back in with some slivers of cardboard so they stuck out more. I hope the rail will now hold up, so Ds nice interview jacket wont get any more cat hairs on!

My mum, during this mending session, my mum dead headed some of my conservatory plants, and did some pruning in the garden until it started to rain.

How nice to have practical help so close to hand!

Thanks Ma & Pa!!!

3 comments:

Marcheline said...

That's funny, I just replaced a toilet seat myself only yesterday! Got a new-fangled one that closes softly by itself when you drop the lid, so no more "oops - CRASH" in the middle of the night. Now there's a piece of designing wizardry that works in daily life, eh?

E.S. said...

Can I borrow them please?

DudeMacGuyBloke said...

Anna, you need to get back on Runescape! Please!

~Greyfriars