Sunday 24 July 2011

We are alive!!! (Part 5)

Ok, I lied lol. THIS is the last update.

Whilst the guys were sorting out our patio, they found a gorgeous little animal under a stone, and put it in a bucket for me to see when I got home from work.

The boys told me it was a lizard, so I had a look and indeed it looked very lizard like, very small and very cute!!
I took some photos of it before finding a new stone for it to hide under. I sent the photos to my friend Eliese, and also put it on Facebook. My parents, and then my older brother then both told me that my dear little lizard was a baby smooth newt!!!

For scale, the white thing on the left edge is egg shell, and the green bits are blades of grass.

I was rather dissapointed, but having a newt is still rather nice :-)

2 comments:

MikeG said...

Welcome back from the dead! Lovely to read all your news again - hope you are both well these days
Love

TDBIL

TDSIL said...

Great to read your news - i had forgotten how much i liked reading your blogs. The patio looks superb!

lots of love from Dunblane xxxx