Monday 8 August 2011

Lumarium - Architects of Air

On Thursday 28th July - the day before our long weekend holiday, I dragged Douglas into town to see a Lunarium created by Architects of Air.

Imagine going inside a static bouncy castle and looking up at the light from the sky coming in through the plastic.. then imagine that the colours are vivid and beautiful.. reds, yellows.. purples.. blues.... This art installation had come to town just for a week. I took Douglas to see it on the last evening, and I'm very glad I did!!

Only a few people were allowed in at once, entering into a receiving chamber between two heavy flap like doors to keep the air pressure up inside.

We walked round in the maze of tunnels and cave like spaces, in awe of the beautiful colours, watching other peple wandering round, and some curled up on the floor in the sides just enjoying the atmosphere - I think one or two were asleep!

I hope you like the photos we took :-)


What a wonderful start to our holiday!

No comments: