Sunday 8 June 2008

7th & 8th June

Neither of us got a good nights sleep Friday night - Douglas developed a sore knee (I think hes been ticking off one more ailment from the compendium) I moved beds at about 3am but didnt sleep very well, so Saturday was a bit of a wash out. We both did a lot of topping up on sleep, then watched a romantic movie in the evening.

I must give you all a Billy and Lilly update!!!

My dad very kindly cut a hole in our back door, and fitted a cat flap about a week ago, and with a lot of encouragement, and some shoving, Billy is slowly learning that it means "Out" and occasioanlly "In". I must say hes not to keen on the idea, but hes getting there :-)

Lilly is doing well - whilst she is eating, she will now allow us to stroke her quite a lot, but if she sees a hand coming, she is still rather nervous. When she is not eating, the most she can cope with is to sniff, and occasioanlly rub her head against our fingers, but if you look back to how she was to start with, she is doing very well :-)

A day or so ago I seriously scared myself. I had been out to close our little green house, and thought I had closed the back door behind me, but when I came up here to the comptuer, I looked out onto our back garden to see a very familiar small cat!! It was Lilly, and my heart went into my mouth. We do not let her out because she is still a very nervous little cat, and we are worried if something spooks her, she might take off and never be seen again.

I went out, and called to Lilly, who, thank goodness responded to my voice and came back towards the door. She looked as though she was too scared to go back in, so I moved well away from the door and continued to talk to her, and phew!! she ran back in!!! It took me about half an hour before my heart returned to its normal sluggish pace :-)

I know I worry overley, and my friends laugh at me for this (which is fine.. I laugh at myself too) but I can't help it cause I love my two furry little friends so much :-)

Will try to take some photos of Billy out and about, and Lilly being her normal sweet little self soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see some photos of your 2 "babies"

Pengper said...

they shouldn't laugh... You have a right to be afraid. I won't laugh. At least Lilly isn't like the cat that lives at our school. It get's viviuos with most people, but I have a sort of Animal Magnitism which means I get off on the right foot with animals most of the time. But 'Mischeaf' can still be a bit vishious(sorry spelling) but I suppose that comes from living with a Terrier, a Labrador and 6 pups. (they're so cute!)