Sunday 8 June 2008

Weekend of 31st May

Ooops sorry I have not posted for a while.. I normally write my blog between calls at work, then post it in my break, but its been so busy that this task has been left undone.

Last weekend our friends Pete and Lin visited, so my parents came and had a very nice picnic lunch with us. I say it was a picnic, but we ate it at home, as it was chucking it down that morning. Everyone got on very well - we knew they would - they met before, many years ago at our wedding :-)

Lin has a "Get out of Jail Free" card (otherwise known as a Disabled Persons Parking Badge) because she is partially sighted, so we drove into town to the re-opening of a park, and put our car on some double yellow lines near the entrance, installed Get out of Jail Free card in the window and had a jolly round the park. We were shocked and dismayed to find a parking ticket on our windscreen when we returned!!!!!

Pete has scanned in, and emailed me a copy of Lins card, and i have duly emailed the council to protest. Here endeth the first chapter.. the council have an 8 week delay in dealing with such matters!! Grrrr!

We had a quiet Sunday just chilling and enjoying the fact we didnt have to work :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, as the holder of a get out of jail free card myself I know that you will have to pay the fine. You are allowed to park on SINGLE yellow lines, but not double ones.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-(

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'm sure that holders of such cards used to be able to park on double yellows as my friend has one such card and has parked in Edinburgh on the double yellows on a few occasions - definitely worth investigating methinks!

Mrshappyanna said...

You can park on Double Yellows.. for 3 hours tops - I checked the bit in the handbook Pete and Lin emailed me :-)