Wednesday 7 January 2009

New Year.. new us!!

Just before the New Year D and I decided to join the local leisure centre..

We went last weekend and had a swim and steam, and this evening as soon as D got home I vanished off out and did..

a whole 10 mins on the treadmill... and a whole 5 mins on the cross trainer!!!!

Ok.. it wasnt very long but it got my heart pumping and my legs walking, and I went lobster red and got hot and knackered. I'm sure I will manage more than 15 mins gym as I get used to it.

I then did 15 mins swim.. pretty good as I have a sore shoulder, then, after 10 mins steam, I had a lovely shower and came home.. hot, happy, and bright red in the face!!!!

Douglas and I will go together on Friday for a swim and steam :-)

Oh.. by the way.. this is NOT a new years resolution.. we decided to do this in late December, and New Year is just a co-incidence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a good thing when something wwe enjoy is also something which is good for our health. :-)

Mrshappyanna said...

yeah.. dosnt happen very often! lol

Unknown said...

Smooth Cross trainer has features that offer upper body work while your lower body is getting exercise as well.

Mrshappyanna said...

Well.. the choice of spending at the least £230 on one bit of equipment or spending just a little over that to have the unlimited use of treadmill, stepper, cross trainer, rowing machine and many more.. swimming pool, steam room and sauna, not forgetting as many classes as I could shake a stick at for a year.. I know which I would choose (ah I've already done it lol) yay!!