Saturday 24 October 2009

Catch up

Hi blog readers, sorry for the lack of news for a while.

Douglas came out of hospital as I said, and we had a lovely evening together. This episode of illness has taken the stuffing out of him somewhat, and hes still been feeling sick now and again so although he did attempt to go back to work on Thursday, he only managed the morning.

Lets hope next week brings better health for him :-)

I've been incredibly busy at work these last few weeks.. I managed to keep going to work all through the week D was in hospital, knowing that if I didnt, I would only mope at home, miss him and feel miserable - I also really wanted to be at work because there is so much going on!

Over the last 6 weeks here are some of the things I have been given as projects/responsibilies by my fab boss... this is ontop of normal daily paperwork and being on the phones giving advice to our customers :-)
  • Organising and printing off thousands of renewal reminders for people with waste carrier licences..
  • Training a few extra people from different departments to help cope with the huge influx of renewals my first job generated
  • Organising work for these extra people to do, fielding questions and problems they have
  • Keeping various statistic spreadsheets up to date (Government departments loove stats!)
  • Helping to organise a few events for Customer Service Week
  • Organising others in the department to check the certificates and paperwork printed out for customers to ensure its correct and ready for our marvellous letter stuffer machine
  • Organising for application packs to be put into envelopes by the afore mentioned machine ready for advisiors to send out to customers who don't or can't register themselves online
  • Teaching various members of my team how to process registrations made by online customers
  • Providing support and advice about the Waste Carrier process for other staff members who had queries from customers (ie have you registered me yet, how can I .. what do I do because.. )
  • Reverse cherry picking the more complicated queries and sorting them out .. I love the harder stuff, its so much more interesting!
  • Making banoffe pie to raise money on our dress down day for a local charity (YUM)
Well, i think thats all I have been doing.. I've been coming home quite knackered, so thats one reason why I have not blogged.

Some of you know that I help our local Freegle Group...

FREEGLE is a play on the word Free and Google. Its about giving freely easily and locally.

If you have an item that still has some use left to it, but that you no longer want, you can put a message on the Feegle forum for your area saying

Offered: Item (describe it), still works but no longer needed (then the area you live in)

(Long pause in typing.. Lilly is on the desk demanding to be worshipped)

The chances are pretty high that one or more of the members (we have 3500+) of the group will email you and ask for the item!

This morning we hired a church hall (In conjunction with the Council who think our group is great) and held a non-internet Freegle giving and getting morning. People came in, dropped things that they no longer need off, and taking a few items that they fancied. It was a very wet day, so we didnt get many visitors, but those that did almost all went away with something given by another.

Someone brought in some mini tree ferns that they had grown by spore. By the end of the event, there were two left, so I have taken them to my parents who are both very keen on ferns, so they will be added to the collection.

In very many years time, they will look like this, but at the moment they look like ordinary pot plants :-)


Look hard enough at the bottom left hand side of this picture and you will see a man!!

Not sure what we are going to do tomorrow - but I know that it will NOT involve housework as Douglas just suggested lol.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: