Wednesday 3 February 2010

Dress down day at work


Last Friday at work we had a “dress down day” we have one of those about once a month. We each donate £1 to the months charity to wear what we like for the day.

This month, one of our colleagues – Dennis - chose to support the RNLI as he was in the Navy for many years, then joined the RNLI, and is now a Governor within the organisation.

I made a batch of chocolate brownies, and purchased some crisps on the way to work, as there is always a cake/snack sale during the day to raise a bit of extra cash. My chocolate brownies always go down well, and it means I can have the pleasure of baking without the temptation of eating a high percentage of what I cook!!

Below is a photo of Dennis, “decked” out in his RNLI uniform next to a whole raft of raffle prizes. Please note that one of his daughters made the lovely cake!



Sadly, all I won was a strip of blue raffle tickets, but my colleague Ali who sits next door but one to me, won the cake!!!!!!!

The first photo is him on the phone to a customer, and the second one is him pretending to eat the lovely cake :-)






1 comment:

TDBIL said...

Great! I really like the RNLI - they have a very high profile here. The Broughty Ferry lifeboat is the busiest in Britain, and just off the coast here is Stevenson's famous Bell Rock lighthouse.

Love

Mike