Sunday 14 February 2010

Shopping Spree


The week before last Douglas and I decided that it was high time we got some lampshades for our house.


We had one lovely one and one grotty one in our lounge, one lovely one in our hallway and quite a lot of naked bulbs that would benefit from some adornment.

This is the lovely one we already had in our lounge.. we now have two of them!




I logged onto ebay, and spent a couple of evenings happily browsing lampshades using my Iphone, showing Douglas any I considered worthy of a second glance.


Before long, we had selected two rainbow bead chandeliers (this is one of the rainbow ones)




a white paper globe shade with some Japanese script on, and a duck egg blue shade, also with a Japanese feel to it. At the same time, I “just happened” to stumble across some very cute, and quite cheap charms to go on my bracelet. I had to buy 10 of them (for about £2, total)


Douglas requested some new Crocs (a plastic based shoe that’s very comfy and airy for him to wear at work) so I found a nice smart black pair in his size.


These shoes have air holes all over them. When they were brought out, someone invented little decorations that would fit neatly through the holes... and I found one of these I just couldnt resist!


How many husbands would put up with their wives putting a "Nessie" on their shoes?




Long live the Loch Ness Monster.. seen in the photo above :-) I think Douglas quite likes it!


3 comments:

Marcheline said...

HAHAHAaaaahhhh! That Nessie is hysterical!!! Love it, love it, love it.

TDAIL said...

The only crocs in our local shop that were the right size for "Le Chef's" feet were pink! No I didn't. I love Nessie - where did you find her?

Mrshappyanna said...

Glad you loved it.. I should get one for you too, M :-)

Dreaded lovely Aunt, I will email you the details. Theres no WAY I can see Le chef in pink ones! lmao!