Monday 12 May 2008

Back at work, recovering from busy weekend :-)

On Friday we stayed over at my brothers house to "sit" on the kids for the night - parents went out to some charity ball in aid of their kids school. As usual it was nice to see them, and apart from their reluctance to go to sleep, they were no trouble at all :-)

Saturday saw a lovely sunny day, which was just as well as we had invited Ds brother Simon, friends Sarah, Tom . They (having asked) brought along two friends who live near us. They arrived at about 5, and left about 10.30pm. We had a really good time, even the cats popped their heads round the door when we were all in the lounge!

We had a luxiourious lie in on Monday (well I got up at 5am, fed the cats, played a bit of runescape, put some bread on, then went back to bed at 6am) We got up about 10, I packed lunch for us both - Roast lamb sandwiches for D, pizza for me, and chopped carrots, traditional lemonade, and rice pringles to share with everyone.


We picked up my parents, then met up with Katy and the kids. Thomas was doing some private GP appointment things, so he didn't come. The destination was Renishaw Hall and Gardens, owned by the Sitwell family.

We had a picnic in the shade of some trees, the kids messed around, and at the end of the walk, some of us decided to dip our feet into the pond, because it was very hot weather!

The quality of the photos are not very good because I took them on my mobile, however, they give a taste of the day which is what i wanted them to convey.




I also got some plants, including another type of Iris for my collection.

We had, in the words of little Carlo (pictured) a "lovely sunny day"

:-)

No comments: