Tuesday 6 May 2008

Bank Holiday Weekend

Douglas, I’m glad to report is feeling better, so on Saturday we went, as planned to Litchfield to visit friends Pete and Lin, whom I met when I folk danced in Loughborough years ago.

We set of at about 9am, as we had some shopping and recycling to do. We also wanted to go to the place that serviced our car, as when we got it back the radio was on “Safe Mode” and didn’t work. At first the firm denied all knowledge of this, but it turned out that someone had left the key in the car overnight, and the battery ran out of juice!!

The guys at the firm will supply a new code for us, but in the meantime, we decided to take the opportunity to get a radio with a CD player in it! Of course, we then had to go back home to get some CDs. 10.30am by now…

Back on the road, stopped at Tesco to drop off some recycling and buy some wine for our hosts. By this time it was 11am! We sat navved it (slightly faster than we should) to Litchfield, arrived on the dot of 12, and had a delightful visit with Pete and Lin. A little later, Emma, Mike and their two young children (Also Loughborough friends) joined us, and we went for a walk in a local country park. Pete had very kindly hired a scooter for Douglas so he could come too!

We stayed over with our friends, then after a leisurely breakfast, we headed back, and had a peaceful Sunday.. didn’t do much, but that in itself was pleasant.

Monday

We had a busy Bank Holiday Monday! Douglas was desperate to see Iron Man at the cinema, and having looked at the two venues, I discovered that if we went to the 11am showing we could go for £4.40 instead of over £6.. so we rushed (Ok Douglas hobbled with crutches) into the car. The film as FANTASTIC!!!! Quite often I find myself dropping off to sleep at the cinema, but this film had my attention all the way through, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

We went back via Waitrose (DMIL stop drooling) Douglas managed to hobble round using the trolley as support. Back at home I put all the shopping away, and installed Douglas on our lawn, where he re potted his chilli plants, some of our tomatoes and sowed some onion and leek and purple sprouting broc seed (a bit late but hope they will produce some lovely fresh veg later in the year!)

I sowed some lettuce and spring onion seed in a border, watered them, and put a protective cloche on top. It was such a lovely day.. I wandered round and glanced at the rhubarb which, after all this wet weather has grown tremendously! I picked way more than I could eat, because it needed picking. Some of my neighbours, and some colleagues at work will have crumble to eat as a result!!

We had tea, Douglas had half a shop bought pie, I had Sweet and Sour veggie stir fry and rice. We watched Great British Menu, then Dr Who on replay TV.

I finished my evening by killing some weird and wonderful monsters on Runescape.. Im training up my Slayer as our Clan has a 2 week long competition going! The Slayer master assigns a certain number of random monsters, then you go out and kill them. Recently I have slain 137 Basilisks, Way too many Aberrant Spectres and a whole host of other strange mythical and imaginary creatures.

Wish me luck in my attempt to get somewhere within the top 10 places in the competition!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, don't understand a word of it, but good luck anyway.

Poor old D with crutches, but how kind of your friends to lay on a scooter for him, so that he could enjoy the walk too.

Mrshappyanna said...

I hope its just the last bit about Runescape that you didnt understand.. hope the rest makes sense...

Anonymous said...

Yup, you've got it. I have no idea what runescape is about (and think I am happy staying in blissful ignorance!)