Monday 1 December 2008

Holiday - Sunday continued.

I didnt go to the Leisure Centre (no swimming cossie with me) so instead I checked my emails, dropped in on Runescape for a bit, and got about an hours sleep to help me cope with the journey back.

When I woke up, D's Best Aunt in the World had come over from where she lives to visit, as its been ages since we have seen her too. Everyone had a pleasant few hours chatting and catching up.

Douglas was short of one of his important tablets, and had decided it would be much quieter and faster to drive home overnight, so we packed and got ready to go.

DSIL with help from various lovely assistants made the most super supper - it was a chinese soup with noodles and vegetables in. It also had toasted sunflower seeds and cashew nuts, and chicken for those who wanted it. It was a Jamie Oliver recipe from his Ministry of Food book, and I was dead impressed!!!

Despite feeling a bit wobbly from having a sleep, and not quite like eating, I had a little of the soup.. then had some more :-) Guess who wants the recipe now??? I may just have to buy the book at some point.

We set off at about 8pm, having been deluged by lots of goodbye hugs just before we left despite the incredibly cold weather.

The journey went well.. the roads were very quiet but there was a lot of fog to start with, and the temperature dropped to a very chilly -8'C Brrrrr!!! Douglas did the majority of the driving, and we got home at about 3am.

Billy and Lilly were in, and Lilly was immediatley delighted to see us, but Billy put up a bit of a cold shoulder, but that lasted all of about 5 mins. Soon Billy was up on our bed purring away, and we joined him. They woke me at a very reasonable 7am for breakfast, so i sorted that and went back to bed.

Its now 11am and we have finally (almost) got up.

What a lovely long weekend! Next time though, we will go by train as the journey by road is so very long, and it really took the Stuffing out of Douglas, and I can't drive for long distances because I get tired and loose concentration. Shame we can't teleport up there.. we would visit much more often!!

Thank you to all the members of D's family who made our trip up North so very pleasant - we love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: