Saturday 20 December 2008

Solstice eve!

Sadly the blog will be rather boring now.. until Simon sends us a new message that is..

Douglas dropped me, the computer and some bits off at my parents house, and went to do a large shop, and get our TV that has just been mended (better to spend £50 on repairs than £300 on a new telly!!

I connected the computer, got that going, got my mums 170 photos onto her computer, and whilst it was being a pain, I went and re-programmed the pre set buttons on my dads digital clock radio. I then downloaded the nearly 900 (wow!!) photos my dad took on his computer. Whilst that was doing, I had lunch, then when a very tired Douglas showed up, I very quickly showed my mum the two folders I have put their photos in and went.

Douglas has done a grand shop, and got our Telly, and went to pick up the cat food before picking me up and returning home. I put the shopping away whilst Douglas and a friendly neighbour carried the huge and heavy telly back into the house.

The afternoon was spend tidying and cleaning the house, which looks lovely now.

Tomorrow we will open our presents (yay!) and have a relaxed morning before doing a major cook, as we have our dear friend Dangerous and his partner Liz, and her daughter Alison coming round to celebrate with us.

Whatever you celebrate, have a nice day tomorrow, and be loving and kind to your family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY SOLSTICE! Did you get our pressie? Did you manage to wait to open it? Lots of love & best wishes to you both from all of us xxx