Saturday 6 December 2008

Our weekend

Well anything I post does seem to pale in comparision to what my parents and brother in law are getting up to, but this is OUR blog so Im going to bore you all with some Life in South Yorkshire :-)

It has been a long week. Poor Douglas fell over twice in the snow (poor boy) but also got a George Foreman Grill and a £25 Meadowhell Shopping Centre gift voucher from work for being wonderful (Im glad they realise hes wonderful.. Ive known for years!!) Way to go Douglas!!!!!!

He has now won a total of £50 from work in vouchers. He let me spend the first lot, with which I purchased a non xmas present for my parents, and wanted me to use the second one but I'm going to drag him shopping tomorrow morning as he will I'm sure find some things he would like!! After all.. he earnt it by being wonderful, so he should benefit from it!!!

I woke up very early this morning (4am) and couldnt go back to sleep, so I decided to use my time doing something useful, and went shopping at the 24 hour Tesco and called in on my parents house.

Glad to say all is well, apart from one plant that looks quite unhappy. I think my mum has put a jinx on it, by telling me to try and kill it whilst she is away ;-) Just in case my dad reads this.. please know that I am watering said beloved bad taste red and yellow flowered plant of yours and not trying to kill it.. I think its missing you!!! (me too but Im not wilting or loosing leaves lol)

I got back home at about 6, fed the moggies and put the shopping away. Cats are not best pleased because we ran out of their normal biscuit food, so breakfast was tinned cat food. Strangely, they managed to force it down :-)

I joined Douglas back in bed, and zonked out till about 10, when we started on our normal house tidy. D went to the tip with various bits of "weee" (Waste Electronic Electrical Equipment) along with our normal tin, plastic and glass that the council will not recycle from the kerbside. He went past our local friendly pet supplies shop and got the moggy food we ordered 2 weeks ago.

Our local Pet supplies shop is run by a fairly elderly gentleman with help from his almost teenage son, who is learning the ropes :-) The shop is stuffed to the gunnels with nearly everything you can think of for any regular pet, and what he dosnt have in stock he is always happy to order in. We feed Billy and Lilly biscuits from a company called James Welbeloved as its really good stuff without any rubbish in it. Douglas, being the sensible person he is, paid for two, so Mr Pet Supplies will order another one in for us soon.

Before I sign off.. I would like to celebrate this time of year with you all. Not only is it coming up for the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year, but it means that we have had Billy and Lilly for a whole year now!!!

Lilly has transformed from the terrified rather skinny cat we picked up who spent her first week terrified under the sofa, to a beautiful sleek happy affectionate cat who is, as I type, prowling round the garden looking for more beasties to slay and bring in as gifts. We still have a way to go with her, as she is still very jumpy about being picked up, but with love and perseverance I know she will get used to the idea.

Billy was always the bigger and more relaxed of our two, but he was pretty scared when we got him too. He now sleeps on our bed, snores like a wheezy old man on his favouite cushion cover on our desk, or on "his" chair in our lounge. Recently he has started getting up beside us on the sofa, (when there is a space free) and curling up in a ball to keep us company.

I wish them a very happy Solstice, and look forward to their antics and development for years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I echo that, in wishing the cats a very happy winter solstice, but I shall wait to wish you yours until nearer the time.

Do let both parents and Simon Know how much I have been enjoying their stories.