Tuesday 30 December 2008

Living with a calculating cat...

Billy likes to keep me company when Im playing on the computer, and follows me round the house like a black and white furry shadow at times.

We have two desks right next to each other in our office, so there is a nice cat shaped space on my right for him. He has a lovely furry cushion cover to lie on (his cat rug) . He lies there and purrs and purrs - its lovely.

A few days ago, he wasnt at his usual spot, so I borrowed his cat rug to give my left elbow something soft to lean on for a while.

Billy came up onto the desk, went to his normal spot and just sat there looking at me. Moments later, he walked in front of the computer monitor to my left, and sat there glaring hard at his cat rug under my left elbow.. I was in trouble!! Bad Anna! How dare I steal his bed!!

I hastily apologised to him and put his nice soft rug back in place. Seconds later, he had moved back into normal position (on rug) and lay down stretched out on it purring, as if to say

"Hmm thats MUCH better"

I better find something else to put under my elbow next time, or I will be in big trouble again!

********
An example Billys devotion to me.. (sorry Douglas...)

Last night the dear moggy slept on our bed.. he decided that the best place for him was where my legs normally go. Not quite the place i would have chosen, but it was nice to have him there.

Now, Billy is a bit of a pig when it comes to food, and normally hes the one walking up and down my recumberant body at 5am telling me its breakfast time.

This morning Douglas woke at 5, went down and put the heating on. He fed Lilly who went down with him, but it wasnt until about 6, when I got up and went down that Billy deigned to get up and go find his breakfast!!

Now.. is that because he loves me, or because hes such a lazy cat he couldnt be bothered to move?!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm, definitely the latter!

Mrshappyanna said...

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!!! but.. he does love me!! :-) he has told me so!! lol

I think he must at least like me, cause he follows me round the house like a shadow sometimes.. and its not just for food..

A xx

Puss-in-Boots said...

We think it's because he loves you...he had to move to get his breakfast in the first place.

Happy New Year

Purrs from Mitzi & Bella.

Mrshappyanna said...

A very happy new year to you Mitzi and Bella, and also to your human :-)

love,

Billy and Lilly

Ps we love our humans, and Lilly is learning to trust them a little more as time goes by.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the next update... have you given up blogging?
A regular visitor.