Thursday 21 May 2009

Back Home

We came back home from Scotland today - Ds brother Mike kindly drove us to Edinburgh Station where we got a direct train home.

The journey went well - I slept for a big part of it, and Douglas read, or lost himself in his thoughts and the scenery.

It was lovely seeing all the family - but would have been even better under more cheerful circumstances, as Elaine will be missed by all of us.

When we got back Douglas went to the supermarket - partly out of need, and partly to distract himself, so I unpacked and sorted out our many bags.

Our cats were very pleased to see us back, so pleased that Billy got up onto the sofa, walked over me and snuggled down beside me for about ten mins :-)

We go back to work tomorrow, then we have a long bank holiday to rest and recover. Our only plan at the moment is to invite our friend Dangerous around - Douglas and he enjoy playing Cribb, and its nice for Douglas to have some company for a bit. I will probably see my mum and dad on Saturday.. possibly D too.

1 comment:

Marcheline said...

Hey you,

I just finished reading your ENTIRE blog (minus the Simon posts, which, while amazingly entertaining, just took too much time away from the main attraction, which was your posts).

Wow! Now I can proceed forward one post at a time, like normal people.

8-)

Marcheline