Tuesday 26 May 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

Having got back from Scotland, I worked Friday, Douglas had a peaceful day at home, then it was the weekend and we had 3 days together before work started again :-)

We didnt do anything very exciting.. we went shopping on Saturday, and had lunch with my parents which was nice. Later, Ds friend Dangerous came round, so whilst the boys played Crib and chatted, I left them to it, and played Runescape.

Over the weekend, I went up an agility level, a hitpoints level and as a result went up two combat levels!!! I have also made about 3 million gold which I wish were real. Ok.. enough geek speak.. onto Sunday :-)

Sunday I spent a few hours making our bedroom look tidy, putting clothes away and sorting Ds tablets, then Douglas went up with the vacuum and removed the layer of black fur from the carpet that has been gathering for far too long ........cant THINK how it got there lol... Billy and Lilly have CATegorically denied leaving any fur anywhere in the house ;-) Not sure I believe them lol.

We also went to see the new Star Trek Film, and apart from a from a few inconsistencies, it was a jolly good film, and quite exciting in parts!!

I made a lovely stir fry with Coconut Rundown Sauce from a local company, and Douglas did himself a roast chicken, which the cats eyed up. I'm glad to say they don't like my veggie food (unless cream or yogurt is available) and they have not yet learned to open the fridge!

3 comments:

Marcheline said...

Dude, we just got back from seeing Star Trek... I think I'm the only arsewipe that actually CRIED during the movie. Like, three different times!

And I never watched more than maybe two episodes of the original TV show, so it's not like I'm a "fan" or anything.

I just thought it was a great movie! I loved the Russian guy, and Scottie, and Spock - both of them.

I thought the guy who played Kirk looked like Brad Pitt. It was almost irksome, the way he kept looking like Brad Pitt, and I kept thinking in the back of my head, "Did they really want to cast Brad Pitt, but he was busy, so they got this guy instead?" Ha!

Great flick.

Mrshappyanna said...

Ohh Marcheline.. I didnt cry but I do quite easily in movies :-)

I loved the russian guy too!

Thinking back, Kirk did look rather like Brad Pitt and his good looks were a little much at times.. but over all it was a great movie as you say!

Pengper said...

I also saw the film recently! I havn't seen many brad pitt films so i didn't make the connection. many people at my school continually go around grabbing people's shoulders shouting 'wulcan death grip!!!!'(they are fusing accents now) which is moderatly funny.