Saturday 5 September 2009

Busy Saturday

The day started with D going off to do the shopping (Its wonderful to have a partner that can do this, and dosnt come back with all the wrong things! lol). I decided to clean the kitchen, so by the time he got back it sparkled!!

As I'm now a moderator for my local Freecycle group (fanfare please) , Im getting to know the other members of the team, and one, who lives about 5 mins away from us, offered to let me pick some fruit from her plum tree.

In early afternoon, I went over to Elise's house, picked about 4lb of lovely Victoria plums :-)




After a quick diversion to my parents to pick up some jam jars, I went home to spend a couple of hours stoning and cutting the lovely ripe fruit up into little bits.

After getting the plums ready, and making about 7 small jars of lovely plum jam, making a blackberry and apple crumble, and bread and butter pudding for lunch with various bits of family tomrorow Im pretty tired!

Oh.. also two freecylers turned up, and took all but 3 of the pans I had for grabs.. one stayed and chatted for about an hour!

I think after such a busy week, and a busy Saturday, bed might claim us a little earlier than normal for a weekends night :-)

4 comments:

TDAIL said...

What a week for you both! I hope things have settled down and D is ok again. Thanks for reminding me about Freecycle. I'll try passing on my Zip drive again - maybe target it at computer memorabilia collectors this time. Thanks also for your phone call.
Love to both.

MIke said...

Glad D is a lot better - that must have been a bit scary last week (and D is good at scary! lol)

I think your freecycle thing is great - we tend to use the local people rehoming charity (they make up packs for homeless folk being housed so that they don't just go into the empty house that the council gives them).

Much love

TDBIL

Marcheline said...

Woot - makes me tired just reading all that! Although I could manage to eat some of that yummy stuff you mentioned... might get my energy back.

Glad to hear D is feeling better from the allergic reaction - scary!

- M

Little Sis said...

Hi!

Just caught up with your blog - had a busy fortnight with work & lots of weddins:-)
Hoping you are both still ok as it has been a few days since last blog?
Lots of love xxx