Monday 28 September 2009

What we have been up to PART THREE (final bit)

The path has been done, is down and looking great, so the next step is to put a lid on the odd space next to the path that is also adding to the damp problem!

Im delighted to say that this "lid" is taking the form of a conservatory (Thanks Parents!!!) so in this photo you see one of the builders putting the wooden slats in place ready to take the concrete base. They did this at the same time as the path, as it saved them getting two lots of concrete delivered.

You will see more photos as the work goes on.. its going to be great!!







A day trip to Sheffield Town Centre




Now and then Douglas and I go to Sheffield Town Centre. On this visit we went to the indoor market to get him some goat (for Curry Goat) and also to support my new choir (Im new, not them) Body of Sound who were busking their raising money for charity.

I have been to my choir for 3 practices now. I'm slowly learning the songs and their way of doing things, enjoying it very much but nowhere near busking standard yet lol.

Do not follow our example of getting goat meat at the market. It was in a frozen pack and turned out to have a very high percentage of bone, which sadly took a chunk out of our best chopping knife :-( We found a local-ish company a few days after this called Black Sheep Meat Company. We will get their meat next time!!

Anyway, I digress... whilst we were in town, we decided to take a trip up in Sheffields version of the London Eye, and saw some lovely views!




It was a bit expensive, but very interesting. I recommend it if you visit Sheffield!


Finally... the post brought a padded envelope for Douglas from Scotland!! Ds talented Step Mum Sandy has come back from visiting Simon in Ethiopia, and made the second of his birthday socks. You can now see two very happy feet!!


You will just have to imagine the huge smile on Ds face, but I assure you, hes delighted with his lovely hand knitted jolly socks that keep his toes nice and warm. I just hope he doesn't start wearing them in bed, or I'm moving down to the spare room!!!

I hope thats a good update for you all.. if I dont post for a while, feel free to phone, email or generally prod me :-)



2 comments:

Mike said...

Great to see the path getting done - looking forward to finished results of it and conservatory. Also great to see the matching sock!

Sad news re. D's and my uncle.

Love
TDBIL

TDAIL said...

Curry goat - a typical Jamaican dish - though I was led to believe it did not actually use goat meat. Maybe I'm wrong.

Love the socks! Love all the photos. Good to catch up.

Someone text me please with the sad news referred to by TDBIL (i.e. my eldest DN).