Friday 7 December 2007

Moggiez

Well, looks like we get to choose our new house mates on the 15th Dec.. watch this space carefully for news :-)

Thank you Miss Bliss, Jak and Dreaded Mum in Law (DMIL) for your comments.. Our present tennant, Olly is only staying until Sunday, then will be scooped up into the loving arms of his (and my) mum and dad with many "coochie coo" sounds coming from mum in particular! lol! They are missing him.. (everyone go Ahhhhhh!)

Ive wanted a cat as long as I can remember. Early on it was found my brothers and I were allergic to fur, so we had goldfish, reptiles but no cats of our own as we grew up.

When I was tiny I had a toy cat that I named Wah Wah. I couldnt say Cat at the time - that was my translation. WahWah wore out, and became shiny grey sheepskin leather with odd pathces on ( thanks Daddy :-) )instead of lovely black wooly fur. I must have been about 6 when we went back to the place he came from... I clearly remember proudly showing WahWah to the lady in the shop, who looked at it with dislike and asked "was it a penguin?" (Wah might have lost his tail by then.. not sure)

The shop still sold toy cats made from sheepskin. I was shown what WahWah looked like when he was new, and promptly fell in love with this newer version.. but was taken, tears streaming down face, out of the shop ... with no new puddy!!!

I probably only cried for about 20 mins but in little Anna terms it felt like hours. My heart was broken.. no new cat. My dear parents and maternal granny caved in.. they had purchased a new cat and were planning to save it for my birthday :-) Joy broke out, and both cats went to bed with me for years!

I think 3 other cats followed them.. 2 of them made by my mum with much swearing and heaving I seem to remember. (shes told me she will never ever make me another now lol)

I still had WahWah until a few years ago.. with much guilt I had to consign him to the cat graveyard in the sky :-( Some things just cant last forever.. oh dear Im feeling sad now..

Anna goes to mourn the loss of WahWah, but looks forward to the real things arriving fairly soon.

No comments: