Sunday 28 September 2008

The Apple

One lovely bit of of the weekend was sharing our last apple from our James Greeve tree with my younger brothers kids.

I took a photo of the three of them standing next to the apple tree, then got Carlo, who is 4, to pick it.

We took it inside, cut it up and shared it between the lot of us. Even Douglas whose appetite was not very good at the time (hes feeling much better this morning by the way) had a slice.

Our last apple was sweet, crunchy and.. just totally delicious. One of the best apples Ive ever eaten.

I hope we have many more apples next year!! Yum Yum Yum!!

PS .... there were no creatures inside this apple.. although I was on the lookout for a spider, a grashopper, a ladybird and a glow worm (and maybe James himself???)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I am so glad to hear that Douglas is feeling a bit better.

Anonymous said...

Am relieved to hear that Douglas is feeling bit better. You are amazing to cope with him and be a great Auntie at the same time. They are all very lucky to have you and I hope you are properly appreciated? Lots & lots of hugs from all of us to you both