Wednesday 31 October 2007

Catch up blog plus Crab Apple Jelly

Monday 29th

Went up to the little town where I did all my training to do another day of it today – learnt about replying to customers queries when they send them in my email. I really enjoyed myself, and cant wait to get started on them for real!

Finished off the Crab Apple Jelly. After what seemed like hours of boiling it, I got fed up, slammed it all into jars, where it apologised for its bad behaviour and set solid :-) It tastes lovely too!

Tuesday 30th

Day off
Went over to Loughborough as it was “eviction day” for my tenants who have not paid their rent for many many months. Got there very early, and found that the couple over the road had been given the key to the house by the tenant as she left (I had requested this to happen)

The house is in a dreadful state of decoration, needs re-doing throughout and the bathroom suite, which was old and tatty when I moved there getting on for 20 years ago needs replacing and the whole room re tiling etc. Carpets need replacing too..

Douglas didn’t come with me as he’s still feeling quite poorly. My parents came up from Weston to give me some moral support, which was nice of them, but as things turned out, there was no traumatic eviction as the tenants had gone. It was nice to see them, and we filled my car with some of their more fragile belongings for us to store in Sheffield until they move up here (few more weeks we hope)

It was so nice to “claim” the house back and it was a lovely day, so I didn’t feel stressed at all. Phew.

Got back to a still poorly feeling Douglas, but the fluid in his body is reducing so hopefully he will feel better soon :-)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Thanks for update. Love and hugs to both - and best to A's parents. t.d.m.i.l.