Tuesday 23 October 2007

The New Girl..

Monday 23rd October

My day

First day at new office! I’ve been training in a small town north of where we live for the last 5 weeks, travelling in by car (20 mins drive) as public transport would take forever! I got to know the staff in that office, and began to feel comfortable there, so it was quite a wrench to come into this other office which is about double the size and has far fewer familiar faces!

I left home at the same time as Douglas (way too early, but I hate being late). It’s a short walk to the tram from home, then from the stop the other end a long trudge up a not so steep hill past various large warehouses. At present this takes me about half an hour, because I am so unfit. I hope as time goes on this walk, and the time it takes me, will improve!

The morning was spent training on the different phone system this office has, and getting my “desk top assessment” carried out. Its wonderful.. the monitor goes up down side to side, as does the chair, and the desk also has adjustable height., so now my desk is set up beautifully for me J

After lunch (home made veggie lasagne) I nervously took my first few calls on this new system. Kindly I was put on the easiest most basic type of calls possible for the rest of that day, so was slowly able to settle in. By the end of the day I felt much better about this new job.

D’s Day

Douglas didn’t have a very good nights sleep – he’s not very well at the moment – his kidney (Rabbie) does not seem to be getting rid of enough fluid from his body, so hes rather waterlogged, and this affects how he feels and his ability to breathe. He went to work, however as he tries really hard not to let his kidney problems get in the way.

It was a good thing he went in – apparantley there were 17 people off sick (Hmm sickness related to England failing to win their rugby match, or the failure of that lad to win the motor race???)

Sadly in the afternoon D felt like someone had filled a balloon with water and was swishing it round inside him, so he dragged himself home, curled up in bed with a warm book and was soon out for the count. I found him, still soundly asleep when I got in at 6pm. Glad he goes to see Hospital Dr tomorrow.. its horrid to see him feeling so carp :( (no thats not a typo lol)

We had a peaceful evening (apart from the flippin RAC calling trying to sell me something) and collapsed into bed quite early. Zzzzzzzz

PS thanks to both commenters so far!! Have not learnt how to do comments msyelf yet - maybe dreaded mum in law can teach me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to do comments, you click on the bit at the bottom of a post that says "x comments, and this brings up a new screen for you to add your comment. t d m-i-l