Wednesday 24 October 2007

Tuesday

Me

Work going better – getting my head round things. Im not struggling with quite so many calls, and have been shown how to fill in some application forms on an incredibly old system that still has a space for Telex numbers (what the hell was Telex please??)

My place of work deals with all matters “environmental” so we get calls from a wide range of people, from those upset because sand on the cycle path is stopping them using it, to those with mould in their rented rooms who want to know what to do about it – its fascinating, and I’m really enjoying it.

Douglas

D went to see the Dr this morning after dire warnings from me not to “Put a brave face on it” but for once tell it how it is, and get some action taken promptly.

Result! The hospital has doubled his BP (Blood pressure) tablets, given him a different diuretic (water tablet), might give him a plasma infusion (dunno why yet) and may start him back on a mini injection that increases the production of red blood cells. It’s a hormone most of us create naturally, but I have a feeling that its produced by a gland that sits on the kidneys which may explain why D needs extra. I may well update this when I get home when I can research this a little better, or ask the Oracle!! (Douglas)

Us

Persuaded Douglas to meet me after work to go to one of those big cash and carry places nearby. I was starving hungry (nothing new there) so I had 2 slabs of just about edible cheese and tomato pizza. Poor D, being more restricted in his diet had a frozen yoghurt then started shivering L

We had a good shop, got some large packs of good quality meat for him, some bagels for me to toast at work, and a memory form pillow for me. Got home late due to bad traffic. D cooked some fish which surprisingly didn’t smell.

No comments: