Tuesday 22 January 2008

Amsterdam

Dear Readers, we had a good time in Amsterdam – there is very little to report, however as Douglas developed a nasty pain in one of his big toes which prevented him from walking very far.

Despite the mobility problems, we did have a pleasant weekend, and Im glad to report I found my voice whilst I was out there. Im very sorry but I forgot to pack our camera, but I have found a picture of the flower market, where I purchased 2 large amaryllis (amarylli?) bulbs for my parents as a thank you for looking after Billy and Lilly.

How my voice knew to run away to Amsterdam and that I would find it before my 7 days of sick note ran out, I will never know ;-)

Tooth…

At last, the day arrived to have the dratted back molar out, that has been the cause of a lot of pain recently. I won’t dwell on the subject, but the my dentist is really good, and removed said tooth with a minimum amount of pain. Sadly the pain killers Ive taken since only just hit the sides, so Im sitting here at work willing the next half hour to go swiftly so I can go home and get looked after (and probably go to bed!)

I had to stay at work because Ive had 7 days off with lack of voice, and as with any workplace, there is only so much sick time they will allow you before you get to the “written warning” stage. Please don’t think for a moment I’m moaning about my place of work – their policy is entirely normal, Im just moaning for the sake of it!

Small wimping noise and "ow" comes out of the computer. (only 10 mins to go now..)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good break in Amsterdam, though sorry about D's poor sore toe. Glad you have had that dratted molar out - honest, the pain will ease.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh ty Elaine :)

With various medications from your loving younger son, the pain is indeed easing off :-)

Will go back down for more cuddles soon.