Friday 4 January 2008

Just put us down..

The title of this blog is changing for the next few days.

No longer the happy couple.. we are The Unhealthy Couple.

We both started with a throat based cough, that was annoying and as per usual took my voice away for a few days. It started as a late Christmas present to us both. I am now recovering, and my voice is almost fully back, but poor old Douglas, as per usual has not been able to fight the bug off, and has now been off work for 2 days.

He rang the Drs yesterday (and rang and rang) but by the time he got through there were no appointments left! Today he dragged himself down there (determined to get seen) and was successful.

He decided to wait in the surgery for his appointment, only to be seen earlier by a grumpy GP who advised him that the system of “Wait to be seen” had changed, and it was now an appointment based system. Douglas, much as he ever does, protested his innocence and felt rather aggrieved!! Anyway, GP prescribed strong antibiotics and told him to increase his steroids.

Meanwhile…

I developed toothache in the time between Xmas and New Year. I tried calling my Dentist on 31st Dec.. they were closed, so tried again on 2nd, only to find they were STILL closed! By this time I was in a lot of pain, and desperate, so I called the emergency Dentist Service, and got an appointment in a place Google Maps said was 12 mins drive away. Knowing me, I gave myself an hour to get there, and made it with a few mins to spare!!!!

Dentist did an X-ray and said I have an abcess under a time-bomb tooth/two teeth. Im on pain killers and antibiotics, and feeling rotten (but still at work). Roll on Monday when my Dentist re-opens L Hope he will refer me to the Dental Hospital who can do what they like whilst im out of it.

Cats..

Billy continues to be the adoring furry moggy I’ve always dreamed of.. Lilly continues to make millimetre by millimetre improvements :-)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh you poor souls. symppathy and hugs. Wish I could do more but I am too far away.

Lots of love tdmil