Tuesday 1 July 2008

A busy week

Last Thursday saw the arrival of my friend Leonie (aka Loonie) from Bristol and her baby Amy, who is 7 months old.

I wasnt able to get time off, but we have had some pleasant evenings, and a bit of fun at the weekend. There was a "green" fair happening in town, so Douglas dropped us off, whilst he went to buy an un-birthday present for his brother Simon.

The Green fair was lovely - made nicer by the fact that my older brother was doing his unicycle juggling "Professor Fiddlesticks" show, my younger brother turned up with his 3 kids, and my parents turned up too!

Its been fun spending a bit of time looking after little Amy, who has blue eyes and looks just sooo cute when she smiles (she does that a lot). Ive learnt how not to leave the bowl of baby mush anywhere near baby, as Amy adores grabbing anything she possibly can, and getting into a right mess.. Ive changed a nappy (done it before mind you) and managed to stop howls and turn them into gurgles.

Douglas and I are quite happy having visiting kids, but even happier when its just us and our two furry babies (Billy and Lilly) who, although need love care and attention, are much less demanding than a baby :-)

Next week we have Martha, Leo (both 8) and Carlo (4) for the weekend as my brother and sister in law are busy. We will put them to work, and hopefully tire them out :-)

No comments: