Sunday 20 July 2008

Sunday together

Today had a lazy start.. I think everyone had surfaced by about 10.30am, so I took M to Tescos to buy a few bits and peices for the evening meal.

All of us played a bit on line, read, Xboxed and chatted until lunch, then shortly after (well at about 4pm) Simon and his girlfirend Sarah came round, and everyone apart from me settled down to a game of poker :-) I head lots of "wooooooooooooo" noises, and lots of laughter, oh and some chomping when I made them choc chip cookies :-)

Douglas made a cottage pie (From Real Cottages) earlier today, so the poker players had that with peas and sweetcorn, and I had Lasagne, (made from real vegetables!!) Oh I also did some yummy garlic bread for myself.

Pudding was a choice of cookie, ice cream, rhubarb or apple bar (strudel) so there was plenty to go around. Our older nephew (A) seems to have a bit of a chocolate and ice cream addiction, and seemed to think the ice cream belonged to him.. we put him right on that lol.... it was Haagen Daaz - possibly the best ice cream in the world, so everyone was keen to have some.

Simon, Sarah and A have now gone off to a gig in town. Uncle Simon and Honourary Aunty Sarah will take good care of A, and post him home at about 11, unless I get a call to pick him up earlier.

Michael and I are up here - D is downstairs watching Dexter, a TV series unsuitable for young nephews!

Tomorrow, we have to get them packed, and ensure everything of theirs (apart of course from their very cool ipods and nintendo game!! lol) before they go to their dads on the train tomorrow lunch time.

We will miss not having small willing slaves to help lay the table, put dishes away and generally be useful!! ;-) But.. it will be much quieter!! hahaahaa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have really enjoyed having all the "kids" around you. And I bet you miss all the noise and bustle once they have gone.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Mrs HA. Your food sounds yummy and everybody sounds thoroughly spoiled by you.

Still, it sounds as if you had a lovely Sunday with your family...after all, that's what it's all about, isn't it?