Friday 18 July 2008

A quiet moment in a busy week! (Wed and Thurs)

Well Sis in Law, partner and kids arrived at about 4pm on Wednesday, so apart from when everyone is sound asleep its been pretty busy here.

The cats are pretty scared and make themselves scarce when lots of noise is going on, but appear later for food and love from their parents :-) Billy has allowed himself to be stroked a few times by both boys, but obviously is not very keen on the idea!!

Yesterday I got up very early (as usual) but instead of going to work, I got busy making the vegetable base and cheese sauce for two large lasagnes!

Once I had these prepared, and helped everyone get what they wanted for breakfast (Chocolate rice crispies for the boys, fresh home made bread toasted for the adults, and a couple of cinanmon rasin bagels for me)

We went into town on the tram, pointed out various landmarks and enjoyed some shopping - espeically going into a big stationers to get some playing cards. Douglas - the softie that he is - got older nephew a silver breifcase poker set, with chips and playing cards - its going to be Christmas and Birthday combined as it was rather expensive!

For lunch, we took the gang to a veggie cafe in town. Douglas and I had enchiladas, with refried beans, cheese and some lovely salads, others had Homity Pie and a tomato and something I dont like quiche. Younger nephew, who is a fussy eater, had a scone and some pineapple juice, and said it was the best scone he had ever had :-) We all enjoyed our lunches.

I organised the afternoons activities.. I suggested that Sis in law and partner should go explore the local Waitrose (Strange how all our Scottish visitors want to visit that landmark lol) and go back via a pub in town that is highly regarded. Douglas had an afternoon nap, as he looked very tired, and the boys and I played Runescape and XBox Indianna Jones games.

Later, once I had put my lasagne together, Douglas took over the kitchen to make some Sushi! Hes very good at this, and it was particularly requested by his Sister.

We had a busy meal time, as my parents popped over too, so we fed the boys first then squeezed 6 adults round our table for Sushi starter, Veggie lasagne, garlic bread, and Cabbage Salad, which my dad made. Its his speciality, and its lovely.

After my parents left, the table was cleared and washing up was done (blessings on visitors who help with washing up) the Silver briefcase came out, and a game of Poker was set up. I opted out, but the others had a great game. I think that Sis in laws partner won in the end, with Douglas coming in second.

I went to bed before the game finished, but the sound effects of a happy evening floated up as I fell asleep.

No comments: