Monday 13 October 2008

CLUSTER MAPS..

Friends..family.. strangers mabye... can you please leave me some messages to say who you are, and which country you are from?

I can guess a few but I really badly want you to identify yourselves!!

I can guess DMIL in Scotland, along with a few other Scottish relations.. I can guess my mum in Yorkshire.. really not sure who is reading from Aus.. I thought I only had cousins in NZ!! As for other bits of the world.. hopefully you will enlighten me :-)

If you dont want me to publish who and where you are, just say so and I promise not to. The other way round that problem is just to give me your first name (or a nomme de plume that I will recognise , such as DMIL, Jak or Mrshappyanna ...) but please still tell me the country you live in :-)

Many thanks,

Anna

2 comments:

Compost John said...

Well, I'm John your bruv from York, UK.

May I suggest you get a hit counter (check out my blog for one from Bravenet) and if you use this carefully, you can find out where some (maybe not all) hits to your blog come from (referrals). For instance, I get clicks onto my blog from Google searches about 'low carbon' issues and many other search terms. Also, my blog is listed on several other blogs and lists of green writing, and these show up as 'referers'. With a bit of tweaking, copying and pasting, using another website, I can find where in the world the particular computer resides. It is probably the same software as the cluster maps thingy.

I use a free version of the counter but it isn't expensive to get an upgrade, which allows more detailed search info and even blocking certain computers from accessing your site. So if you were getting 'flamed' or 'spammed', you could block the computer that it was coming from.

I enjoy your blog and please keep it up!
Love to D :-D
J xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna

We are so sorry to hear about Douglas having gout again. We read your blog all the time. Hope he gets the proper medical care he needs. Loads of good vibes winging their way from New Zealand.

We're really excited about your parents coming. Starting to count down the days.


Love, Wendy and Brian

(note from Anna - I have pasted this from an email as Wendy was having trouble putting it on the blog.. she is my cousin, and Brian is her husband)

My parents are getting very excited about their trip too!!