Monday 27 October 2008

Sunday Lunch

We had a gentle start to the morning - I made a nut loaf and D kept warm in bed.

After a small shopping trip (bread, milk etc..) we went to my parents for lunch. I had suggested that we could have lunch with them, my younger brother Thos and his 3 kids. Katy (Sis in law) was away at a course, so wasnt around.

My mum did a stirling job (thanks Mumo!) she did Roast Beef, Roast potatoes and Parsnips, Broccoli, Yorkishire puddings and gravy. My nut roast got devoured by me instead of the meat, and a few others had some too (mabye you could count it as stuffing?)

The kids were all psyched up for "Fright Night" in town - a public Halloween party. Little Carlo was going as a ghost (he just had a black cloth with golden skellie bones on it lol) Leo was going as a werewolf, having printed off a picture of a werewolf mask and stuck it onto a cornflake packet. He had white gloves on with blood red claws held on with safety pins.. he looked great!! Martha went as a headless person. She had made the stump of a neck and painted lots of lovely blood on it... this was suspended in one of her Dads shirts above her head, which then stuck out the middle of the shirt with the arms of the garment (stuffed, and gloves attached) holding her real head looking as though it had come off!

I will post a picture when mum sends me one :-) (Dearest Mamar, Send me a photo please!!!)

We would have loved to go to Fright Night, but D is still pretty fragile and definatley would not have coped.

Douglas and I stayed on a bit after the kids and Thos had left, then went home to put D on the sofa to rest and keep warm.

1 comment:

Compost John said...

Sounds like a good event for the kiddies. Ours are going to a Hallowe'en party on Friday, and I'm taking them and a friend to a pumpkin event tonight... loads of fun!
John