Thursday 2 October 2008

RuneScape Update (for those who are interested)

I have been training my Slayer and Defence recently, and yesterday I got an assignment to kill Basilisks again. I took a couple of shark just for top up purposes, as they don’t cause much damage.

On the way out, I collected my Sara Sword which I had loaned to my friend Nathan. I don’t use it very much, so decided to take it with me, and give it a go.

I equipped the sword, forgetting that it is a 2 handed device, my whip and mirror shield went into my pack. I attacked my first Basilisk and was totally shocked to see my HP go down rapidly, and red laser beams come out of the monster!!! I downed my two sharks and ran away from the Basilisk, which fortunately didn’t follow me. I was still very badly damaged!

It was only when I stood there, recovering, that I realised I had attacked my monster without my mirror shield on. The mirror shield protects against the glare of the monster, which causes (in most cases) instant death!

Having teleported out, I realised that my Attack, Defence and Strength had all gone down from healthy scores in the 80s, to feeble 3s and 4s. My Prayer, Summoning and Mage also got badly dented!! I ate a few more shark to restore my health, then slugged down a couple of doses of super restore potion, which sorted out all of my badly dented stats.

Note to self and other Runescape players. Never attack a Basilisk without your mirror shield firmly on your arm – you will suddenly find yourself resurrected in Lumbridge or Falador stripped of all but your 3 most expensive items!

No comments: