Monday 13 October 2008

Oh no not again.........

I'm sure more than one heart will sink on reading those words..

Yes..... Its Douglas again. Hes got yet another nasty attack of Gout in his left ankle knee and foot. It started yesterday afternoon, and was pretty bad this morning despite 10mg morphine and other pain killers etc.

He called the Drs who prescribed some more morphine.. 30mg dose this time :-( I called D at lunch time from work to find he was in a pretty bad state, so I zoomed past the chemist, collected the tablets (they were going to deliver, but I got there first) and then zoomed home to post one said tablet into sore and miserable husband.

I did various things for him, such as fill his bottle of water (to save him having to move) gave him some love, collected some bread cheese and tomatoes from the fridge at fairly high speed for my lunch, and zoomed reluctantly back to work. I was one minute over my allotted 50 mins lunch. Not bad!!

4pm, zoomed home to find that D had crawled, painfully up to the spare bed. Spent quite a while massaging the muscles in his sore leg, because along with the gout he was having almost constant cramp in his thigh. I manage to make that go, and also to make D more comfy with the V shaped pillow. The bed is fine as a spare, but is no where as good as our lovely high quality mattress upstairs. Poor boy...

7 pm. The morphine is working a bit.. its making him very sleepy, so sitting here typing I hear the occasional snore.

On my way back to work (mobile on hands free of course) I called the Renal Hospital who called D back but according to him offered no suggestion other than "keep taking the tablets" Depending on how things go tomorrow, I might call them again and arrange to take him in to be seen.

More updates as and when.. I will pass on all messages to the poor boy who Im sure will appreciate them.

9pm. At last.. Hes feeling better than he was. Lets hope it continues. Im off to give him some tlc before I go off up to bed (he is staying in spare room as climb to attic not a good idea when sore)

nite all xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, the poor soul. This is such a shame and so soon too. I think you are right about seeing the renal doc as (to my ignorant mind) it could be related to his kidney problem.

lOVE AND HUGS TO BOTH.

Pengper said...

poor uncle D...

love and hugs to both from me too!