Wednesday 27 August 2008

Bank Holiday Weekend

Douglas and I went out separate ways for once!

Douglas went up to North Yorkshire, and met a group of his friends to help with the building of a stone circle. I just didn't fancy going, so I packed him up, and waved him bye bye on Saturday morning.

From the photos and text messages he sent me, he had a wonderful time, but came back quite exhausted and oh boy!! did he smell of Barbeque!! After a shower and a change of clothes, he was his usual fragrant self :-)

The group were trying to move a 3 tonne stone by way of wooden sledge up a hill - there were about 40 of them helping, and even so they only managed to move it a few hundred yards. They could so easily use a tractor, but they want to make the circle the traditional way - blood, sweat, tears and a lot of patience!!

Meanwhile.. back at home... I had a very peaceful Saturday, sleeping, playing Runescape, and washing the second of our lounge curtains!! It was quite sunny, so after most of the water had drained out of it, I hung it over our washing line.

The veg patch also got attention.. but my lunch time has ended and I have to do the rest of this later.

No comments: