Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bath time!!

Im waiting for the bath to run. It has to be deep and soapy, but not for me, not for Douglas, and those felines, and feline lovers will be glad to know its not for Billy or Lilly either!!

The bath is for the second of a pair of once cream coloured curtains from our lounge, that have gone cream/grey over the couple of years they have been up. The material is heavy, and lined by even heavier black out cloth, as there is nothing more annoying that trying to watch TV with daylight coming through the curtains!!

I did the first about a week ago.. the water went a very dark brown, and I had to do several rinses to get the water to run anything near to clear! Once washed and rinsed, I had to drape it over an airing horse in the bath for a few days to drip, dry a little, then with help from Douglas, we moved it downstairs and finished it off, draped over same airing horse and two chairs!!

Its a very satisfying process, and with the extra curtain hooks (the ones that look a bit like an ampersand @ ) and a lot of help from Douglas, the first curtain is back up in place, and looks better than it has done for months!!!

***

Second curtain now having the first soak.. water already turning brown :-)

Last weekend D was not himself, and come Monday felt really grotty and sick (he had both the D & the V) so he stayed off work. I had the day off.. having booked Monday and Tuesday as some "me" time. Tuesday he still wasnt very well, so we trogged along to local hospital.. waited..

and waited..

and waited to have some blood taken and a Dr chat to him.

Blood done, and Dr chatted to, we could have done more waiting, but instead went to fairly local evil big shopping centre, thats name ends in Hall, but locals change it to Hell ;-) I went to buy a new swimming cozzy, and oh dear just accidentally two rather nice tops just fell into my hands, so I got them too.

I went and collected Douglas, who had managed to down a cup of tea and a slice of toast (just stayed down) and went back to the hospital.

We waited.. and waited..

I put another 3 hours on the horrid pay and display in the car park. Well you know.. that did the trick! Within 10 mins, the Dr had seen him, seen the blood results, which were fine, and we were allowed home. It just must be a bug.

In the car park, I was just in time to stop an elderly lady putting her £3 into the evil mouth of the ticket machine, and gave her ours instead. She seemed very pleased, and said that it never happened to her!!

Well, its Wednesday.. Im back to work without having had my two selfish me time days off, but at least I was able to look after poorly Douglas, and keep him company a bit. Hes still off work - feeling more human this evening - lets hope it lasts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about the dreaded d and v - it can really lay you flat. However I am glad it is only a "normal" infection and nothing more sinister. Glad you were there to look after the poor boy. {{{hugs}}} to both.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you - though sorry to hear poor D not been well. How frustrating for you to miss out on a bit of time to yourself too - I know how valuable that time is!
Could you email me a list of things you and D can't eat and any special requests of ingredients you might like to have whilst you are staying with us. I know it's a wee while till you come, but part of the fun is in the planning! I thought I'd come up with some recipe ideas but only check the ingredients with you so as to give you a bit of a surprise. I am keen to try and make things that you are not having regularly at home :-)