Thursday 28 August 2008

The Veg patch gets it

Saturday afternoon I felt in a Green mood, so I started attacking the giant weeds (mainly dock and nettles) on our veg patch behind our shed.

If you read back a few weeks, you will see that i cut a load of these weeds down, and felt very pleased with myself, but the point I forgot is that weeds grow back!!!

This time, I dug a load of the weeds out, and started to fill our new compost darlek that arrived that morning

It was quite warm work, but I really enjoyed it. I’m also trying to level out the soil in the patch, as it has quite a gradient at present.

My neighbours appeared as I was getting down n dirty with the weeds, they have been on holiday in Shropshire and we have been cat sitting. We had a nice chat, then I went back to remove a few more weeds!

My parents called that evening, and said they were going to the River Idle on Sunday with their Canadian canoe, then to a garden open (someone’s private garden that they open to the public for a small fee that goes to charity) afterwards. Two friends of mine – Nikki and Joanna live close by, so I suggested that we could make this a joint trip. With canal canoeing trips, spare people can walk alongside the canal watching those in the boat, but it did not prove to be the same with this beautiful river.

My mum and dad had a quick paddle to make sure that the flow was not too fast, then Nikki hopped in the front instead of my mum, and she and my dad paddled up the river for a bit. The rest of us enjoyed the beauty of the river, and took photos from the bridge.

I had a quick paddle, then we left my parents to have a good long paddle up the river and back. I went with Nikki and Joanna to their house, had a lovely chat and lunch, worshipped about 3 of their very many cats before meeting up again with Ma and Pa at the Garden Open.

I had a quiet evening.. very quiet and a bit odd as no Douglas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think I missed a call from you guys last night - hope you both ok? No mention of D's bday in your Blog - hope he had a good day?

Mrshappyanna said...

Gimme a chance to write up his birthday :-)

And yes.. I think you were just going out and he heard what you said as you put the ansaphone on lol..