Friday 22 August 2008

Fun at work

We are having a charity day today.. we can wear what we like and ignore the dress code, and my friend and fellow team mate Jodie has been painting peoples faces for 50p a face.

I was going to have a tiger, but as quite a few others wanted similar I changed my mind and decided that I would have a snake instead.

Meanwhile, we have been having some fun over the last few weeks with another of my colleagues, Simon. Si had a single lonely lego policeman on his desk, which occasionally went walkies to other team members desks.. it even went on holiday to Turkey!!

My friends and I decided that Lego Policeman was lonely.. so I purchased a Princess Leia from Star Wars to keep him company.. but the ebayer sent two by mistake, so Lego Policeman has twins to play with!!

We (ok I) went a bit further last Friday.. I got him 18 more little lego figures off ebay, printed out little notices saying "im lost, please return to Simon" He looked a bit bewildered through that morning.. more and more members of staff came up to him with lost lego men.. it was so funny I had great difficulty stopping laughing when the phone bleeped for the next customer to come through on the phone!

The rest of my team - those that were "in" on the joke also found it very funny :-) I think Simon did too... but hes taken them all home, and is now on holiday for a week. I hope his Lego men have fun at his house whilst he is away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You stole my identity:-( I am the one who was born in the Chinese Year of the Snake.

Still, seeing it is you, it is okay.

Mrshappyanna said...

TDMIL... I was born in the year of the monkey. Ive updated this post to show the rest of the story.. I think you will agree I am a monkey at heart!! lol