Thursday 28 August 2008

The loved ones birthday (no ....not the cats the other loved one!)

26th August my lovely Douglas had his birthday today. We will pass a polite veil over his age, because all his friends and family know his mental age is more important, and that remains the same as ever !

Yesterday Douglas got two lovely presents. My younger brother got him a bird box, and my parents got him an African drum. (although my dear Douglas does not have a very good sense of rhythm, he enjoys joining in with drumming whilst on camp) I didn’t get him anything, as we had decided that his portable power pack was expensive enough.

D also got some very funny birthday cards, which made him laugh.

Part way through the morning, D sent me a text to tell me he was having a rotten day, and that he had called a customer to give him some information, and the customer had blown up into the most enormous temper. Douglas spent the next 25mins thinking “why do I have to listen to this guy ranting and raving at me?” Poor thing.. on his birthday too…

We had a meal out planned for later in the week with his brother Simon and Si’s girlfriend, but I knew Douglas needed some cheering up…

We met at his work, and went home. I told Douglas that he had two jobs to do. The first was feed our Sacred Beasts, the second, to get a drink, sit down and watch rubbish on TV for a bit! Being an Obedient husband, he followed these directions.

I snuck upstairs, got the post code of his most favourite Japanese restaurant, put it in my Sat Nav (A most blessed object) collected the Douglas from the sofa with the words “Guess how much I love you?” and set off.

Douglas had guessed where we were going even before we were out of the house, bless him, but didn’t tell me until I went the wrong way! (I had not heard the directions the Sat Nav said)

We thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and Douglas got quite tipsy, having had a cider before we set out, then most of a bottle of very strong Saki with his food. He managed to crawl up the stairs to our attic bedroom, and fall asleep with a very happy grin on his face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up with your last two or three post.

Sounds like quite a bit of celebrrations were had!

Anonymous said...

Delighted that the birthday celebrations went well in the end. Re the ranting caller....people on the other end of the phone ought to consider that the person in the call centre may be (a) having a birthday, (b) ill, (c) lost a loved one, (d) etc and should remember we are all human after all.

Mrshappyanna said...

Callers to call centres just dont think of the people on the other end of the phone as human.. but yes.. I agree with you totally on that one Anti.