Thursday 20 November 2008

A hurried email!

We have just arrived at Masterton where we are meeting W &B. (Cousin Wendy & Hubby Brian) I am using their computer which is not on broadband, they may arrive any min. so hurried as usual!

Monday 17th Nov: Long drive back along the Coromandel, again twisting narrow road and views of little coves and blue/green sea. Arrived at Rotorua, and chosen hostel was full, so we were sent to another which looked dodgy (Spa Lodge Backpackers) but actually was fine and very cheap - $58, shower, kettle, double bed. Super tabby cat. Rotorua full of holes, steaming and bubbling quite extraordinary. Lovely smell. Maori village on lakeside, a ceremonial square with meeting house and church (!) and all the little houses look quite ordinary, but they all have a communication with the underworld, and they use them to cook on!! Our hostel had a spa pool and Paul cooked himself in it after supper, came out like lobster.(see picture on previous post lol)

Tuesday 18th I see that I did email you about Rotorua, oh well never mind.

Wendy has arrived so I have to be quick.. Briefly, we visited some thermal areas incredible exciting and I shall do some FINE WRITING about them when we get to Wendy's tomorrow, can't do it justice at the moment. Weds: drove round Tongariro Nat Park, look it up, 3 volcanoes with snow on top.
Today, went to Napier to look at Art Deco houses and long drive here.

Will do better next time.

My nose is sunburnt.

Heaps of love, mumbo.

I was putting this on my blog with one cat curling round my feet yelling for breakfast (Lilly) and the other cat walking past the computer screen as slowly as he could, very meaningfully! (yes, thats Billy) I better go make them happy and give them their breakfast now, like a good human should!

No comments: