Sunday 2 November 2008

Pet update and other stuff

Pet the first (aka Douglas the husband) is doing much better. Hes been to the hospital for his check up and been told to stay off work till the 7th November. He will probably go back on the 7th itself because thats a Friday and would provide a little bit of a phased return.

Pet the Second (aka Billy) is doing well - still waking me up in the mornings by walking up my body purring loudly. He is slowly getting used to the idea that the clocks have gone back, and Im not jolly well getting up at 5am to feed them. 6am is fine, as thats normal getting up time for work.

Pet the Third (Lilly) is still gaining confidence, and at present Im trying to teach her that being picked up is no big deal, and that she dosnt have to struggle and be very scared. This will take a long time, but Im not in any hurry - hopefully we have many more cat years ahead of us (Quick prayer to Bast is said for B&Ls longevity)

Lastly, but by allmeans not the least important, on Tuesday my parents leave this chilly clime, go to Manchester Airport for a plane to New Zealand!!!

We are lucky enough to have relations in NZ on my fathers side, plus a sprinkling of friends from long ago, so my parents are going on a very exciting trip to go see them!!

I intend to blog their journey, by selecting bits of any emails I get from my mum telling of their adventures, so bookmark this blog and come back in about a week :-)

No comments: