Sunday 16 November 2008

Less exciting news from home

Thos, Kt and the kids arrived at about 6, a little earlier than we thought, so we rushed around getting everything ready.

I sent first Thos, then Kt up to read this blog to catch up on the parents adventures. They think its brill!!

The meal went well, and everyone enjoyed it although I don't think it was as good as it could have been...

I think next time, I would start the cooking an hour or so earlier, because I ended up cheating and deep frying the potatoes instead of roasting them, cause we ran out of time, and the meat should have cooked for another hour or so because it was rather chewy (I aint getting braising beef again!!) Oh, and the apple crumble needed more butter in the crumble and more time in the oven.

After tea we all sat round chatting, then Leo and Carlo started being normal little brothers (causing mischief) so I brought Leo up here and plugged him into a game of collect the bananas or something.. a kids game I found on the Internet for him. All was peacful for a while, but swapping over to let Martha have a turn was a bit difficult.. Leo adores computer games, and finds it hard to tear himself away (Hmm I cant think of any other family member who EVER plays on the internet lol)

They went at about 8pm, Douglas and I settled down for a quiet end to the evening on the sofa, and as usual I woke up to find I had drifted off whilst snuggled against him, and missed a chunk of the Antiques Greed Show programme.

After posting Parents, Simons and then our news.. Im now off to bed!!

No comments: