Saturday 8 November 2008

Our Friday night

Well, I cant say our Friday evening was quite as exciting as what my parents are up to, but it was very enjoyable!

My colleage Alex had organised to meet those he has left behind in a bar in town for 6pm, so Douglas and I went to bid him good luck and farewell. It was nice change to go for a drink, and lovely to see quite a lot of friends and colleagues who also went.

We were also bidding farewell to two temps (I jokingly called them Special Agents, as one of my colleagues got told calling them "temps" was demeaning) They have worked really hard, doing pretty boring stuff for us for a few months, so it was great that we got to show our appreciation. We are so up to date at work now that we don't need their help any more! After a quick drink and a natter, we went off to have a meal at an "all you can eat" place.

Please, dear gentle reader, do not think for a moment that we stuffed ourselves silly! We did not - we ate very sensibly.

The place had Indian, Thai and Chinese dishes to choose from, so we had small portions from each culture. The food was cooked to a high standard. The marker for this was that D really enjoyed all he ate. Normally he really hates the "all you can eat" type place as the quality can be very poor.

There was plenty of choice for me as a fussy veggie (sadly no Thai options, thats my only criticisim) and plenty of choice for Douglas as a meat eater who must avoid mushroom and tomato amongst other things.

We came home feeling comfortably full having had a very pleasant evening.

Billy and Lilly came to join us in the lounge, and we watched TV till I suddenly found I had zonked out on D's shoulder! lol. I went to bed, followed at some point by my loving husband, and possibly some furry paws (who then woke me at about 5.30am this morning lol)

We have plans for the weekend, but you will just have to come back to find out what we did.

No comments: