Saturday 15 November 2008

Our Saturday

Douglas and I did a bit of our normal weekend housework on Friday, including cleaning the kitchen, and doing 2 loads of washing, so on Saturday morning we could have a lazy start for a treat.

When we eventually got up, we put two large chunks of beef in a dish to marinade with some red wine and other good things, as we have invited Thos, KT and kids round tomorrow for Sunday evening "lunch".

I also sorted out the New Scientist to be posted out on a regular basis for Douglas who reads it regularly (it works out cheaper than buying it in the shops!) also we went onto ebay and purchased him a lovely new pair of slippers as his last ones are coming apart at the edges.

A bit later I stewed some cooking apples, made some crumble topping, and had fun chopping some mixed nuts up into little bits to make a nut loaf. We normally buy chopped mixed nuts, but its quite hard to find them in decent quantities, so a while ago we got a big packet of non chopped ones.

I peeled and sliced the apples, did the crumble topping and chopped the nuts in front of the TV watching some of our usual Saturday night trash (yes sorry I like the X factor, and Douglas enjoys shouting at the TV!! ) All I will say about my preparation is I'm glad we are leaving the hoovering till tomorrow hahah!

Nut loaf has chopped mixed nuts, mixed herbs, a couple of eggs to bind, garlic, chopped mixed tomatoes, breadcrumbs and anything else that I see whilst wandering round the kitchen.

No No No dear reader.... no cats, no Douglas get put in, even if they are wandering round the kitchen at the time.. lol.. nothing goes in that a good veggie would turn their nose up at! Oh, If i'd had some PNB (PeaNut Butter) a good dollop of that would have gone in.

Tomorrow morning I will prepare the potatoes and give them their first boil, then put them in cold water until later. We have to boil them twice to leech as much potassium as we can out of them, as Rabbie (D's kidney) does not get rid of it as easily as "home grown" healthy kidneys do.

Lets hope that everyone enjoys their meal!!

I do hope you are getting as much pleasure as we are from the copied emails that my Parents and Simon have sent us.. we love each new morsel that drops into my email box!! Lets hope there is more to add soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely meal together.


Yes,I am enthralled by your parents' emails - keep them coming!