Saturday 4 July 2009

A better day and a great evening!

Friday was much better at work :-) My knee is still very sore from where I fell and grazed it, but its nothing that won't mend in time.

I spent about 3 hours doing "callbacks". We have a new group just started doing the most basic switchboard calls to get them used to the system.

Some callers press the wrong option when they call, so quite a lot of query calls get through to these newbies, as well as the basic "can you put me through to Mr X" type calls - the only type they should be getting.

When this happens, our newbies make a note of what the call is about, and the name and number of the customer and hand them in, and yesterday I got to sort out a whole load of these :-) It makes quite a nice change knowing a bit about what your caller wants before you get on the phone to them, so I cleared a good chunk of the ones I was given. Very satisfying!

Chris, a very nice bloke on the facilities team worked his last day with us, before moving to a different part of the country to be with his partner. Some of us had arranged to meet up for a meal that evening to wish him well on his way.

I rushed home, fed cats (they always come first on the list when I get home) cooked a couple of chops for Douglas, heated up some mash, cooked some peas and threw it all into a lunch box, got myself ready to go out, and went and did the meals on wheels thing again for him in hospital.

D was in good spirits.. he has a strange pen like thing for giving himself his insulin (hes now an insulin dependent Type 2 diabetic!) so he gave himself a shot through his t-shirt which is rather cool - and tucked into his dinner. I took him a beer as well, and the whole lot made him very happy.

Good news.. he saw the diabetic nurse today who was, D says, very pleasant and very chilled out, and he dosnt have to change his diet at all! yay! The other good news is later today (Saturday) he will be evicted yet again from the Big Brother House.. err no.. I mean hospital lol!

Douglas, this is Anna (not Divina) speaking. Please leave the Big Brother House!

After the flying visit to Douglas, I went on to join my colleagues at a rather unusual "all you can eat" restaraunt, that does Indian, Thai and Chinese food! The food is good quality, and the variety is pretty good too. Both quality and variet are better than other "all you can eat" type places I have been, and even Douglas liked it when we went ages ago!!

The food and company was a great mix. I got to sit next to my friend Rose from facilities, and opposite Alan, one of the team leaders in the office who gives me a lift to work most days.

At the end of the meal, some of the group were heading into the centre of town for a gig, and some heading home, so I piled 4 of them into my car, and gave them a lift. It was slightly out of my way, but I decided that the cats wouldnt mind me being a little later home than I could have been, and it saved my colleages a taxi fare!

I crawled up the stairs to bed, and that where Im heading again now, as at 5am I really should still be sleeping :-)

1 comment:

TDAIL said...

Great! A better day.